David Alexander Straight is an engineer, consultant, contractor and manager.
My specialty is electromagnetic passive circuits in the microwave range, but I also design PLLs as well as analog circuits. During the past few years I was the system architect and microwave designer for point-to-point microwave radio systems and managed a small R&D team.
I am primarily an analog design engineer, but have spent the last year augmenting my skill set to include some microprocessor design using C and assembly as well as working with databases and user interfaces (web programming).
- System Architecture of receivers and frequency synthesizers
- Electromagnetic Analysis and Design (HFSS, CST & Feko)
- RF Design (ADS, Momentum, AWR, Sonnet, etc.)
- Custom Phase Locked Loops
- Cavity Filters
- Microwave Band Pass Filters (BPF)
- RF Circuits
- Microcontrollers (ADUC7021, PIC, HCS12 – assembly and C firmware)
- Schematic & Layout (Altium)
- Mechanical Drafting (AutoCAD & Solidworks)
If you are interested in discussing a project, call me at (408) 649-6083 and leave a message. I will get back to you. Or leave me a short email message with your contact information.